Player - Alden Mix.

Lunes, Abril 22, 2013

Pitch-slapped...Eh?

PITCH-SLAPPED...EH?

The wonder a capella ladies of Pitch Perfect

I've watched the flick just yesterday.
     To admit, I'm regretting now I didn't watch it last October 5, 2012--its theater premiere. One thing is that I probably missed a good experience shouting and cheering with the audience. The other thing was simply, the movie was awesome. 
     The first minutes was funny enough to get you hooked up. (For those who didn't watch it yet, SPOILERS ahead.) My initial reaction was, Uh oh, news flash: Blonde in front puked. Of course I stayed until the whole movie.
     Now, it's a pleasure to see Anna Kendrick have her own movie. This was just the second of hers that I've seen, and in Twilight, I didn't expect her to have a good voice to earn Pitch Perfect. She's definitely got the talent. Give it in with Skylar Astin, too. I've never seen that guy before, but he's got the voice worthy for girls to swoon on.
     Going to the plot and whole story, (guess I'm skipping the singing parts because who wouldn't give them 10/10? :D) it's the most important thing in a movie. And guess what, the story somehow broke into me. Beca wants to be a DJ instead of going to college, her dad asks her to take at least one club for one year then he lets her with what she wants. Eventually, the Barden Bellas found her, and then they make instant connection to each other, and then ta-daa! Contests and problems came. They overcame differences, manage to win the Regionals, (by luck that Fat Amy was quite a showmaker,) get a second chance after their ICCA defeat by Footnotes, (whose vocalist isn't in college, so they're disqualified,) and finally win the finals (one word about their performance: mind-blowing).
     Although it wasn't perfect considering some happenings aren't really realistic, (don't ask me which,) the film is really good with humor. It really mixes all well together. The small twists like Chloe getting her nodes removed, Lily getting her voice back (I actually didn't understand the happening,) and Beca leaving the Bellas was just a thing for the overall story.
     If you guys didn't notice it, the film had no apparent antagonists (except if you'll consider Treblemakers' little sabotages,) but it's in the main cast themselves. Everything's been hard with an unreasonable leader like Aubrey and a bratty type Beca. It's just they're lucky enough all of them are talented.

Barden Bellas confessing to each other.

     Since the obvious audience target for this film were teenagers and wannabe singers--whether a capella or not--it worked out well. I even remember when I was still in high school for my senior year. Pitch Perfect was well talked about. As a proof, the film instantly had fans and many Youtube users uploaded content concerning the film.
     One influence was Anna Kendrick's "Cups" played on her audition. Below is a link to the music video, but more people having their versions were on Youtube too.
     So let's grade! I love grades! :D Seriously.

     GRADE: A

     I didn't make it an A+ or an A- because the whole thing just stays in the middle. Last Song Syndrome for their songs--especially their final performance. It's in my playlist! :)
     As I end this, I'll admit I'm waiting for Pitch Perfect 2--and so does a lot of the film's fans. But then, it'll not be the very same entertaining and hilarious if actors Rebel Wilson or Anna Kendrick or Hana Mae Lee or Skylar Astin won't return.
     Because I'm a spoiler guy, I put here the final performance of the Bellas too! (Pardon the subs, and I certainly DO NOT own anything. Credits to Universal Studios for the pic up above and the video. Youtube for the music video of Cups.)



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento